I painted my rear wheel sprocket, brake assembly and my engine gear sprocket.
I'm going to reassemble the rear wheel tomorrow after the paint has had time to completely dry
I'm sure it's not going to last long but it's worth a shot.
Side note: I noticed I didn't have the bearing in far enough after
I took this picture. Make sure your bearing is pressed in far enough.
Don't forget the spacer between the bearings
|bearings, springs, and gear stoppers soaking in carb cleaner
|Back side of Idle Sprocket with clean bearings packed in new grease
|Once all the bearings are greased up it should be pretty easy to flip the
sprocket over with out losing any bearings
|I'm not sure what these are called but they seem to hold down the
clips that stop the sprocket from moving backwards and the screw cap.
|Installing the clip things I was just referring to
|and now the 3 ring covers
|Installing the clean bearings and grease on the front side over the sprocket
|All the bearings installed
|Adding grease to the screw cap
After that I screwed the cap on (counter clock wise) and tapped it tight then spun it around a couple dozen times and wiped all the excess grease that seeped out.
|Bearings Soaking In Carburetor Cleaner
|Woot! I got my Carburetor and Air Filter in today. Now i just have to wait for the engine casing to come back from sandblasting