Monday, September 6, 2010

Failed attempt at installing new bearings


Well i'm using the freeze and heat method.
Here is my crank getting nice and cold









Here are my bearings cooking.
I don't think I got them hot enough
I had them in the oven for 10 mins at 200 including preheating. so really they were only in there for around 8 mins at 200 degrees
This is as far as i got :(
not really a success
So i went out and bought a bearing puller and a clutch puller while i was out.
I found out from the moped army that there is a way to press the bearings on with the puller so that is what i'm going to try next time. I think i'm going to take a break from these bearings and try my hand at the wheel bearings :).

1 comment: