I've been looking for a pipe that would fit perfectly in the tail end of the frame, but I haven't had much luck with that. This piece is pretty close. When mounted in the frame, I should be able to unscrew the light and keep the base in place. I'm thinking I will use hot glue to secure the pipe in the end of the frame. I"ll make and update once i get it mounted. I"m hoping sometime in the future to find a metal pipe so i can use some jb weld to mount it in the frame.
Monday, January 24, 2011
I started by drilling two/three holes into my frame. I say three because there is two layers you have to drill through on the top bar of the frame. I used a vacuum to pull a thread through the frame, then i tied 2 fishing lines to the string and pulled that through. I used two lines instead of one because my holes weren't big enough to run them both at the same time. Over all it was a PIA but i think it's going to be well worth it in the end, but I have decided to not run the wires going to the front forks in the frame. (by the way, the wire does run out the back for my tail/brake light)