After I reassembled the forks I couldn't resist to do a little mock assembly. I'm going to tear it back down to drill the holes in the frame to run the wiring and cables, but here is a peek of it's stance.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
First I cleaned the bushings and unscrewed the fork springs, then I scrubbed the springs down in my trusty trash can of gasoline. (it was full when the project started)
Then I gave everything a good lube job, I wasn't sure what I should grease so I greased everything.
Below I reinstalled the bushings and dust cap on the forks then screwed the springs back into the fork arms.
Friendly Tip Below
PUT YOUR BUSHINGS AND CAP ON BEFORE YOU SCREW THE SPRING IN
Friday, November 12, 2010
I installed the forks and swing arm. I will post more pictures of the fork installation once I find my pictures.
The right hand image is a picture of my future brake light that i got from www.superbrightleds.com.
I painted my 19 mm intake I purchased (thanx orangerobin) on www.Mopedarmy.com and painted my handlebar clamps, then I installed the controls and replaced the grips with some Kawasaki grips a friend gave me. They seem to be much better than the ones that came with the controls. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a brake light switch holder :(. Now i'm on the hunt for some new M7x35 socket cap bolts to mount the handle bars. This is what my current ones look like, I'll clean them up and use them if i have to.
I also have to give www.TreatLand.tv a big thank you for having such great customer service, I would highly recommend them to anyone building a moped.