I rebuilt my idle sprocket last night, it went pretty well. I cleaned the bearings, sprocket, and the gear stopper thing. I'm not sure what they are called but it's the little pieces that stops the sprocket from moving backwards.
|bearings, springs, and gear stoppers soaking in carb cleaner|
|Back side of Idle Sprocket with clean bearings packed in new grease|
|Once all the bearings are greased up it should be pretty easy to flip the |
sprocket over with out losing any bearings
|I'm not sure what these are called but they seem to hold down the|
clips that stop the sprocket from moving backwards and the screw cap.
|Installing the clip things I was just referring to|
|and now the 3 ring covers|
|Installing the clean bearings and grease on the front side over the sprocket|
|All the bearings installed|
|Adding grease to the screw cap|
After that I screwed the cap on (counter clock wise) and tapped it tight then spun it around a couple dozen times and wiped all the excess grease that seeped out.